The Stress Reduction Program – 8 Weeks
Wednesday Nights 8:30-9:30PM, July 12th – Sept 6th, $250 (no class July 26th)
Want to take the Stress Reduction Program again?
Past participants you save $25 on your registration!!!
Work pressures, family demands, health problems and time constraints are just some of the many sources of stress in our daily lives.
Small amounts of stress are OK and we can handle them pretty good for a little while. But in today’s world we are constantly being bombarded from every direction by a never-ending series of stressors.
If you feel like you need help and you’re looking for the tools you need so you can beat stress then I would definitely recommend registering for our Stress Reduction Program.
It runs on Wednesdays for 8 weeks from 8:30-9:30PM and uses Meditation, Relaxation, Mindfulness, Cognitive Therapy and cutting edge Neuroscience to help you feel calm, beat stress and start to feel in control of your life again.
Signs that you’re suffering from Stress
A number of problems can result from too much stress in your life. These are your body’s way of telling you that something is wrong.
- An increase in heart rate and blood pressure
- Muscle tension
- Poor concentration
- Sleep problems
- Shortness of breath
- Sexual problems
Maybe you have a stressful job and find it hard to switch off. Maybe you’re going through some physical problems that are taking their toll on you. Maybe you just feel anxious and at the end of your rope all the time.
However stress is showing up in your life, you know that it’s time for a change.
Our 8 Week Stress Reduction Program can help you.
This program uses Mindfulness, Cognitive Therapy and cutting edge Neuroscience to help you feel calm, beat stress and start to feel in control of your life again.
In our 8-Week Course, you will discover:
- How to recognize a stress cycle, and how to stop it
- Your stress triggers and how to navigate your way through them
- The evolution of your brain as it relates to stress and how to retrain it
- Stress myths versus reality
- How to apply mindfulness in daily life
- Detailed instruction in mindfulness meditation
- How to use mindful breathing and body awareness
- Positive re-framing so you can start to feel less stressed and even happier
- Diet adjustments to help battle stress and fatigue
- Sleep hacks so that you can finally feel refreshed and renewed when you wake up
- Relaxation practices that you can easily work into your daily life right now
What are the benefits of the Stress Reduction Program?
- Reduced chronic stress and pain
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Relaxation physically and mentally
- Promotes Stress relief in the moment
- Boosts mood regulation and resilience
- Enhances your immune functionality
- Increases and develops feelings and acts of generosity toward yourself and others
- Improves your capacity to think clearly and act decisively (no more brain fog)
When does the 8 Week Stress Reduction Program start and when does it run?
Our Stress Reduction program runs on Wednesdays starting September 14th from 8:20 – 9:45PM and runs for 8 weeks.
How much is the program and how can I register?
The 8 Week Stress Reduction Program is $250
What Other People Are Saying
“The Stress Reduction Program appeared at the exact right time! Ian’s insightful talks were great and easy to start to integrate into my life. I would highly recommend this course for anyone dealing with lifes stresses big or small.”
“If there was a picture in the dictionary next to the words “stress free” – it would be Ian. Ian is an excellent speaker and delivers down-to-earth stress relieving techniques and tools to help you deal with every day life stresses. I would recommend Ian’s class to anyone and everyone, whether you are stressed or not.”
“Highly recommended. My wife’s noticed quite a drop in my stress. Ian is awesome!!”
“Just had this class with Ian…. great teacher! Be aware, your life will change
after this program… of course it’s much better now!
Thanks a lot Ian!”
“This class helps you indentify your stress triggers and then
gives you necessary tools to help you eliminate them.
Very useful class!”
“Ian really seems to grasp the core teachings of meditation and I found his calm, relaxed and inquisitive approach helped me to understand the material and gain insight into areas of my life where I can lower my stress!”
What sort of people take this course?
All kinds of people take the Stress Reduction Program. People who want to learn about mediation, people who are stressed out, people with various physical conditions.
Lately we’ve been helping:
- HR Specialists
- Small Business Owners
- Marketing & Sales Managers
- Soon to be Mothers
- Real Estate Professionals
- Financial Experts
What Compelled People to Register for the Stress Reduction Program?
In participants own words.
- Ongoing stress in my personal life
- Wanted to learn stress reduction techniques for myself and my husband
- Was dealing with a lot of changes in my life (moving, health, family, etc)
- I needed to learn how to deal with the obstacles in my life
- Wanted to de-stress, especially due to my pregnancy
- A friend who thought I would benefit from taking a stress reduction course. She was right!
- My wife sold me on the stress reduction program… But I’m glad she did!
- My wife finally persuaded me to attend, which was an awesome decision.
What Have People Liked Best About the Program?
- Learning the different Mindfulness techniques
- Ian’s insightful and applicable discussions/talks
- Connecting with others who are dealing with stress and similar issues
- Having the chance to talk to similar individuals who are stressed out and are dealing with personal issues themselves
- Being able to relate and connect with others
- I enjoyed discussing the various tools which can be used to maintain a stress free lifestyle
- Small class sizes
- The discussions
- The guided meditation
- The energy of the group and meeting other people who are stressed out
- The pleasure of Ian’s teaching presence
- The classes really calmed my mind
Do I have to share private information with the class?
No. Participants are encouraged to determine for themselves what information they choose to share with their classmates, but are not required to share anything. It’s nice to be able to share with others the struggles that you’re facing. And one of the benefits of working in a group setting is seeing that you’re not alone on your journey. We all can come together and learn from each other and support one another. All information shared is confidential. Do not discuss other people’s issues outside of class.
What kind of mindfulness practices are used in your Stress Reduction Program?
- Breath Awareness – simple focus on breath, observing thoughts without being caught up in them.
- Body Scan – a way of discovering embodiment -what it means to live in and with your body by growing mindfulness of the sensations in the different parts and regions of your body.
- Loving Kindness – Projecting feelings of friendliness and kindness towards yourself and others.
The Quick Bits About Ian
- Has over 15 years of meditation experience
- He is in the midst of a two year intensive Zen training program.
- Became a Mindfulness trainer in 2012
- Initiated by the Dalai Lama in 2004 (Kalachakra)
- Has worked beside and was mentored by International Bestselling Author and Leadership Expert Robin Sharma
- Has written several books including The Tao of Abundance, Your Great Awakening and Find Your Soulmate to name a few
- Is a Reiki Master and certified acupuncturist