Yin Yoga with Tony!
Wednesdays, November 1 to December 13th, from 8:30 – 9:30 PM
(6 Weeks excluding Dec. 6th)
This class is designed to open the tight areas of the body through long holdings. Focus is specifically on hips, hamstrings and the spine. A regular Yin Yoga practice helps to maintain mobility throughout and offers invaluable psychological benefits for those who gravitate towards physically challenging activities. It’s also great for people with stiffness.
Yin Yoga stimulates the meridian lines that are used in the study of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). The postures target these lines for very much the same reasons an acupuncturist would. The difference is that in yin yoga large areas are targeted at once.
There 4 Guidelines for an Awesome Yin Yoga Session:
1) “Find your edge”: Move gently and slowly into the pose. Find an amount of intensity that is perfect for you. Never stretch too far.
2) Stillness: Pour yourself deeply into the pose. Feel. Release and surrender into it. Remain still. Try your best not to shift your position.
3) Hold the position: It’s usually recommended that you hold a position for 1-3 minutes (beginners) and 5+ minutes (advanced). But again, your body will tell you what’s perfect for you.
4) Release with care.
Benefits of Yin Yoga…
- Teaches you to be present
- Helps you to listen
- Helps to develop patience in difficult situations
- Promotes mindfulness
- Increases your ability to sit for meditation
- Regenerates tissues
- Increases mobility and flexibility in the connective tissues and joints
- Regulates energy